The festival relies on a network of passionate, community-minded volunteers to make the event a success. There are many ways you can help, including:
Volunteering at festival events
• Stewarding outdoor events (e.g. kids parades, drama performance, live music events);
• Helping at author and music events in our main venue, the Nairn Community and Arts Centre (front of house, taking tickets, showing people to seats);
• Helping hang artwork or invigilate at exhibitions;
• Assisting with marketing such as distributing flyers, programmes, posters.
Joining the Festival Committee
Help to organise events, and liaise with speakers / performers / artists. We are also looking for people to help us find sponsors for the festival, and to help with administrative tasks, for example:
• Sending out invitations to the programme launch party
• Managing lists of artists
• Creating labels for our Open Exhibition.
Joining the Festival Board
The festival is a charity and company limited by Guarantee. We need Trustees to help with Governance and Sponsorship, and are currently seeking a Festival Chair and Treasurer. Trustees would ideally have some experience working with charities, specific skills to bring to the Board and be able to commit for a minimum of 3 years.